infrid

Seriously guys on windows it's great, but on my mac it sucks so bad.

It slows the whole machine to crawl despite not showing high cpu usage and I have to quit it.
Animations start slowly,
it stutters,
doens't run at a very good fps,
dopesheet is always empty, never shows anything inside it..

I'll record a video later.. but first thought I should ask if it's coz I'm on os x 10.8.2... I live in Bolivia and my internet is on a pay as you go modem while I wait for my adsl connection.. so I generally avoid my 1+gb os updates..

I have a 2010 macbook pro, 8gb of ram, nvidia graphics, intel 2.8 ghz core 2 duo, NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT 512 MB, I'm running spine, word, mail, notes and chrome.. there is no way on earth that it should be soo slow... but the dopesheet being empty is a serious bug for me too...
infrid
  • 전체글: 31

Nate

I doubt an OS update will change anything. :( What version of Spine do you see when you click the Spine logo in the upper left? It sounds like maybe Spine is running with software OpenGL, if that is even possible on OS X. Are your GPU drivers up to date? If you download the latest Spine from the website, not auto update, there are two app icons: Spine and Spine (system Java). Maybe the system Java icon will run better.

Note the dopesheet shows keys for the animation that has a visible dot in the tree. No visible animation, it will be empty. Also it shows all keys if no bones are selected, otherwise it shows the keys for the selected bone(s). If you select a bone with no keys, it will be empty.
사용자 아바타
Nate

Nate
  • 전체글: 11857

infrid

hmmm.. trial version with system java doesn't have sporadic slow downs.. how can I make that change for my purhcased version?

However, spine does make my entire system perform like crap.

I'll record a video for you. it introduces like .5-1 second lag on everything I do.. every single mouse move, drag, click alt tab, you name it.. system slows down like hell. I have very little cpu usage, 3gb of ram free.

Quit spine - poof. System back to normal.

I'll get you a video later.
infrid
  • 전체글: 31

Nate

Download the full version again (not auto update) and it will have the system Java app icon. When do you get the slow down? When Spine is in the foreground? When Spine is in the background? When Spine is minimized? v1.2.5 should fix slow downs when Spine is not the foreground window. What version does Spine say when you click the logo in the upper left?
사용자 아바타
Nate

Nate
  • 전체글: 11857

master_II

Works perfect on OSX 10.8.2 and 10.8.3 for me! Did not have any performance issues so far.
master_II
  • 전체글: 2

다시 돌아감: Editor