Erikari

We've created a new tutorial video to help you learn how to effectively use our Photoshop To Spine script, check it out!

사용자 아바타
Erikari

Erikari
  • 전체글: 1927

skarasuko

Everything in the script seems to work in CS6 except for Ruler origin. Is there something I missed?

The result is everything being placed on the bottom right (default).

*Edit: Ah, I skipped that step where I had to drag from the top left corner of the ruler. Sorry.
이 게시글에 첨부된 파일을 보기위한 권한을 요청할 수 없습니다.
skarasuko
  • 전체글: 28

Nate

Glad you figured it out! The guides are there because sometimes Photoshop can lose your ruler origin and without the guides it's difficult to place it exactly where it was.
사용자 아바타
Nate

Nate
  • 전체글: 9201

Mainstreet

Can you give us some guidance on a recommended photoshop (or Krita which is what we use) layer structure? For example it seems like it might be something like

1. [skin] guy
    1. [bone] head
      1. [slot] neck
        1. nose
        2. eyes
        3. eyebrow
  2. [skin] girl
    1. ... repeat of above ...
Mainstreet
  • 전체글: 5

skarasuko

There is a problem in that set up, particularly the slot part. You cannot display more than one attachment in one slot.
skarasuko
  • 전체글: 28

Mainstreet

Basic Concepts
A slot can have any number of attachments, but only one attachment can be visible at any given time. A slot cannot have multiple attachments visible at the same time because the order those attachments are drawn would be undefined.

Presumably it just displays the first in line?
Mainstreet

Nate

Spine would show the first attachment after you import the data, then you could choose which is visible, but only one attachment for a slot can be visible at any time. The thing is, you probably want to have the nose and eyes and eyebrow visible at the same time, so they should be in separate slots. You don't need to create a Photoshop group and use the [slot] tag unless you want multiple items in the same slot. If you just have a nose layer, the script will automatically create a slot called nose.

BTW, you don't have to put the tag at the beginning of the layer name. I like to put it at the end, eg guy [skin].
사용자 아바타
Nate

Nate

Mainstreet

Thanks Nate, yeah I like at the beginning.

How about this?

1. [skin] guy
    1. [bone] head
        1. nose
        2. hair
        3. eyebrow
        4. [slot] eye
          1. angry_eye
          2. happy_eye
          3. closed_eye

2. [skin] girl
    1. ... repeat of above ...
Mainstreet

Nate

Looks good!
사용자 아바타
Nate

Nate

Leesajohnson

It is new for me. I will try to apply this option in Photoshop. Thank you to design a lovely video.
Leesajohnson
  • 전체글: 1

다시 돌아감: Spine