Ceraph1216

Hello, I am working on creating a system for showing several skins at once and I could use some help. First I'll describe the setup I'm trying to achieve:

We have two base character silhouettes that we want to share one skeleton: a male character and a female character. We also have dozens of outfits that we want to be able to add to each character at runtime. We have a variety of hairstyles we want to be able to add at runtime as well.

This is the setup I am currently trying to create:

- Create two skins in Spine for the base animations: one for the male character and one for the female character.
- Create a skin for each outfit in Spine that goes on the same skeleton as the base skins
- In Unity create a new skin using the character skin as a base and add all the attachments from the outfit skin to the new skin.
- Use a placeholder slot for the hair that is a child of the head bone and attach the hairstyle sprites at runtime.

Now for the actual question! I'm currently hung up on the third part of the implementation: specifically creating a duplicate of one skin and adding another skin as new attachments on top of it. I have looked for ways to do this but I can't seem to find any. Everything I have found related to combining skins or mix and matching swaps out one image on an attachment for another, but I am looking to create a new skin that is the combination of two entire skins. The biggest issue I've run into is I can't seem to find a way to get all the attachments on a skeleton or a skin. I also can't find a way to see how many attachments are on a skin (otherwise I could just use a simple for loop and use GetAttachment). I could just tell the script how many slot indexes to loop over but if we decided to change the skeletons later then I have to update the code to match.

If anyone knows how to get around those issues or has a suggestion for another setup I can try I would really appreciate it!

Thanks,
Ceraph
Ceraph1216
전체글: 3

Xelnath

It seems like you're describing 2 separate skeletons, with many skins (one for each armor set) - and a single slot that changes for the hair.
Xelnath
전체글: 404

Ceraph1216

I had wanted to avoid needing to duplicate the skeleton (since they will share animations) but talking to the artists this seems like a doable solution. Thanks for the advice! I would still be interested to know how to do the other solution though, if only just to understand the engine better. If anybody knows that would be awesome.
Ceraph1216

Xelnath

I don't believe the system is structure to handle what you're describing.

You can jerry-rig it -

1 skeleton
2 skins - male/female

Then attach a separate skeleton per armor or weapon slot, then change skins on that 2nd skeleton.

But.... why would you do this to your animators? (Answer: WoW did this to their animators in order to ensure multiple colors of the same shape of red hat could match the animation of the characters)
Xelnath
전체글: 404

Pharan

@Ceraph You're actually doing it better than most users instinctually do it.

Combining two skins, isn't a runtime feature yet but it's definitely coming. I've suggested it before and @Nate thinks it's a good idea.

That said, Skins are pretty much just Dictionaries internally, so combining skins is actually already doable without too much work in code, even without (for now) official support.

I added a copy constructor and a very simple AddFromSkin method in this version of Skin.cs: https://gist.github.com/pharan/919bf0ba88beffc62a51046056171885

This is the new code highlighted: https://gist.github.com/pharan/919bf0ba88beffc62a51046056171885#file-skins-cs-L49-L59

And sample usage would be like this:
void Start () {
// Get your original skins.
Spine.Skin guy = skeletonAnimation.skeleton.data.FindSkin("guy");
Spine.Skin additional = skeletonAnimation.skeleton.data.FindSkin("stuff");

// Combine them.
Spine.Skin combined = new Skin("combined", guy); // New copy constructor
combined.AddFromSkin(additional); // Add items from another skin.
}
사용자 아바타
Pharan

Pharan
전체글: 4826

bali33

Hi,

When you combine skin like that, how are they combined ? Does the second one override the first ones for each slot image it has ?

Thanks
bali33
전체글: 88

Pharan

That's up to you. You can change the code however you want.

This version just overwrites attachments if they already existed in the first one.
사용자 아바타
Pharan

Pharan

Ceraph1216

@Pharan thanks for the script! This looks really useful, I'll have to try it out.

Thanks,
Ceraph
Ceraph1216

GlennTeh

The link seems to lead to a missing page :|
GlennTeh
전체글: 2

Pharan

This thread is from 2016. Can you post a new topic and describe what you need?
You may also find something useful here: https://github.com/pharan/spine-unity-docs/blob/master/Mix-and-Match.md
사용자 아바타
Pharan

Pharan

GlennTeh

Actually the new link u given me is all I needed. Thanks a lot :yes: !
GlennTeh
전체글: 2

다시 돌아감: Unity