IndieDoroid

Hi,

Is there a way to export multiple meshes from 1 spine character?

For example:

Export 1 - legs \ arms
Export 2 - head \ torso

The goal is to have Export 1 be able to cast shadows and Export 2 to NOT cast shadows.

Thanks
사용자 아바타
IndieDoroid
  • 전체글: 153

Erika

Hello IndieDoroid! I'll assume that by exporting multiple meshes you meant exporting multiple atlases.
You can do so by using texture packer and having two separate folders with their own packing settings.
Texture Packing - Spine User Guide
사용자 아바타
Erika

Erikari
  • 전체글: 2536

IndieDoroid

Erikari 작성:Hello IndieDoroid! I'll assume that by exporting multiple meshes you meant exporting multiple atlases.
You can do so by using texture packer and having two separate folders with their own packing settings.
Texture Packing - Spine User Guide
OOOh! I'll try it out . Thanks!

---

Hi @Erikari I looked into the texture packing page and don't think it's what I need, unless I didn't catch something. :confused:

Basically I'm wondering if it's possible to separate which objects can cast shadows and which cannot.

For example this goblin, I'd like the body to cast a shadow, but not the balloon. These are all one atlas.

Is that possible? :wounded:

Thanks!

example.jpg
이 게시글에 첨부된 파일을 보기위한 권한을 요청할 수 없습니다.
사용자 아바타
IndieDoroid

Erika

This seems to be more of a runtime question than an editor one, can you tell me what runtime are you making this in?
사용자 아바타
Erika

Erikari
  • 전체글: 2536

Harald

Chiming in for the runtime side, I guess you are using spine-unity. :)

On the atlas packing side, you would need to make sure that the non-shadow-caster objects are on a separate texture atlas. In Unity, this will result in a separate submesh for the balloon, where you can then change the material properties, such as the shader parameter Shadow alpha cutoff to a value of 1.0. Then you just have to make sure that the alpha value of the balloon is not 100% opaque but contains a little bit of transparency.
사용자 아바타
Harald

Harri
  • 전체글: 1929

IndieDoroid

Harald 작성:Chiming in for the runtime side, I guess you are using spine-unity. :)

On the atlas packing side, you would need to make sure that the non-shadow-caster objects are on a separate texture atlas. In Unity, this will result in a separate submesh for the balloon, where you can then change the material properties, such as the shader parameter Shadow alpha cutoff to a value of 1.0. Then you just have to make sure that the alpha value of the balloon is not 100% opaque but contains a little bit of transparency.
Thanks for the answers guys

Hi @Harald, yea I think it's a mix of runtime and editor? :think:

@Harald Is this what you mean :)
make sure that the non-shadow-caster objects are on a separate texture atlas
screenshot.75.jpg

Is it possible if the character has multiple skins, which in turn have in their own respective folders.

In the link http://esotericsoftware.com/spine-texture-packer, it seems like I can just specify 1 input folder?

Could you please explain how I could achieve this?
    1) Multiple skin on character(each skin has their own images in a folder) can cast shadows
    2) Balloon cannot cast shadows

Thanks so much! :nerd:
사용자 아바타
IndieDoroid

Harald

When you run Texture Packer manually, you would have to run it once for every folder.

Another way would be to export atlas textures along export of the skeleton:
- Select Spine - Export
- Select either JSON or Binary
- under Texture atlas: enable Pack and change Attachments (as shown in the screenshot below) to Image Folder.

ExportOptions1.PNG
사용자 아바타
Harald

Harri
  • 전체글: 1929

IndieDoroid

Harald 작성:When you run Texture Packer manually, you would have to run it once for every folder.

Another way would be to export atlas textures along export of the skeleton:
- Select Spine - Export
- Select either JSON or Binary
- under Texture atlas: enable Pack and change Attachments (as shown in the screenshot below) to Image Folder.

ExportOptions1.PNG
hmmm its still a bit foggy on my end. But I guess I'll have to try it out first and see if I can get it.
I'll let you know how it goes! Thanks :)
사용자 아바타
IndieDoroid

다시 돌아감: Editor